ShareThis

November 11, 2011

TED talk: access to authentic leadership



There are over 70,000 leadership books on Amazon.com that describe and explain leadership. But do they give access to being a leader? I was honored to give a TED talk last month, entitled "Leading Through Language." It has just been uploaded on YouTube. 

As you know, TED.com is a platform whose motto is "Idease Worth spreading."

It offers "riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world."

It is not uncommon for TED talks to be viewed over 1 million times. But since my talk is not on TED.com yet, you are among the very first to see it.

The video is 8 minutes long, which was frankly quite a challenge. How could I pack the most valuable tools I know, tools that I have developed over a quarter-century in my consulting to 30+ Fortune
500 companies, my teaching at Columbia, and my 6 books, into 8 minutes?

My colleagues who have seen the video tell me I pulled it off. Maybe they are just trying to be nice; but they say the talk is "inspiring," "powerful and charismatic," "what an accomplishment."

(One person's feedback was: "This is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY great," and another said simply "WOW WOW WOW WOW!" Such effusive praise seems a bit over the top, but people are entitled to their opinions, right?)

The video will give you one of the most powerful tools  for self-determination, which is really the foundation of 21st-century leadership. And I hope it will have an impact on how you lead and manage.

Watch this TED talk and learn "how to access to authentic leadership" here :



Do me a favor: if you like what you see, "Like" it and "Share" it. And if you are so moved, post a comment below the video. Be brutally honest. I would love to hear from you.

Thank you for being part of this community of leaders, big thinkers, global citizens and entrepreneurs who play a game larger than themselves, and who know that solving complex problems demands a transformation of the practice of leadership.  

In a word, we are 21st-century leaders.

Enjoy.

Onward to victory,

Thomas

P.S. Don't save the video for later, watch it now, it will be 8 minutes well spent and it is bound to lift your leadership game. Watch this TED talk and learn "how to access to authentic leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment